Columbia Properties has been investing in the development and acquisition of retail real estate for over 30 years. During that time, we have been involved in several hundred transactions totaling over $1 billion in acquisition, disposition and financing activity for our own account or with select investors. Through this experience we have developed:
- A keen understanding of the value drivers for retail shopping centers
- An unmatched network of colleagues who provide deal opportunities including brokers, attorneys, lenders, architects, engineers and other owners
- Deep political relationships in the Metro Atlanta area that help us identify opportunities as well as protect the value of our investments
- Strong tenant relationships that not only drive tenants to our shopping centers but help us assess competitive risks in our retail trade areas
- An intimate knowledge of the retail fundamentals of every submarket in the Metro Atlanta area
Columbia’s business strategy leverages the firm’s acquisition, finance and operational expertise to create exceptional value for its investors. In the last 10 years alone we have invested in or developed over $100 million of retail real estate and generated an internal rate of return over 50% on realized investments. We see the current market as ripe with opportunities and look forward to investing additional capital on behalf of ourselves and our partners.